In the perfectly balanced woodblock prints of Kazuyuki Ohtsu, we find tranquil scenes of natural beauty, where fallen snow quiets the land and autumn leaves erupt in a riot of color. Born into a family of silk weavers, Ohtsu began the study of printmaking when he was 19. He apprenticed with celebrated artist Kiyoshi Saito for 40 years. With the passing of Saito, Ohtsu set out on his own career. Like his teacher, he paints the original pictures that serve as blueprints for the hand-carved blocks, then inks the blocks and prints the images. The 12 harmonious artworks in this calendar reflect the changing seasons in the Japanese countryside.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.