Some of Japan’s most exquisite art exists in the form of hanging scrolls and folding screens. Japanese scrolls—usually made of silk or paper decorated with ink, gold leaf, and mineral pigments—may feature portraits or scenes from myth, Buddhist texts, everyday life, or the natural world, as in the delightful images reproduced here. Folding screens, composed of either two or six panels, feature a similar range of subjects, though they generally do not include religious scenes. Both beautiful and practical, folding screens are well suited to the changeable spaces inside a traditional Japanese home. Twelve elegant scrolls and screens, dating from the 16th to the 20th century, have been selected for this calendar.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.