Delighted by her observations of natural and celestial phenomena, Alma Thomas created brilliant abstractions that place her among the most innovative American painters of the 20th century. Breaking from realism in the 1950s, she moved through expressionism and into abstraction before finding a niche in mosaic compositional style. After nearly 40 years in art education, Thomas retired and focused exclusively on her art, eventually becoming the first African American woman to have a solo exhibition at the Whitney Museum of American Art. Reveling in color theory and the use of light, rhythm, and aerial perspective, Thomas invites us to interpret our world in a new way with the 12 paintings featured in this calendar.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
Size: 12" x 13" x .125"
Opens to: 12" x 26"