African American artists have made monumental contributions to the world of art, producing an influential body of work informed by the Black experience. Celebrated here is the art of Emma Amos, Romare Bearden, Eldzier Cortor, Edward Mitchell Bannister, Alma Woodsey Thomas, Charles White, Allan Rohan Crite, Laura Wheeler Waring, Jacob Lawrence, Archibald Motley Jr., Faith Ringgold, and Loïs Mailou Jones—some of whom are very well known and others who aren’t but should be. Working in diverse styles, techniques, and media, many of these artists have created memorable images laced with social commentary, cultural affirmation, myth and history, and simple love for people in all their beauty, folly, and nobility. Others have discarded the constraints of representational imagery for an abstract language that challenges viewers to consider the familiar and the unknown from new perspectives. Twelve superb works of art have been selected for this calendar.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
Size: 12" x 13"
Opens to: 12" x 26"