In an era of rapid industrial and urban development in Japan, Kawase Hasui (Japanese, 1853-1957) was famous for serene landscapes and waterways reflecting everyday life in the countryside. His impressionist-influenced images emphasized the beauty of rural Japan, the changing seasons, and the illumination of land and water by sun and moon. One of the greatest and most prolific artists of the shin hanga movement, Hasui produced over 600 woodblock prints during his 40-year career. Twelve of his peaceful scenes are presented in this calendar.
- 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
- High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
- Exceptional color quality
- Grid pages are easy to write on
- Includes US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
Dimensions: 12" x 13"